Research Scientist at IMATI-CNR, Milan, Italy
Affiliated Researcher at MPI-IS, Tübingen, Germany
Phd in Computer Science, Brown University, May 2015 PhD Thesis: Shape Models of the Human Body for Distributed Inference. Advisor: Prof. Michael J. Black Master degree in Computer Science, Brown University, May 2010 Master degree in Electronic Engineering at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering of the University of Bologna, March 1995. Thesis (in Italian): Applicazione di un benchmark di elaborazione delle immagini ad una macchina parallela floating point e analisi delle prestazioni (Application of the DARPA Image Understanding Benchmark to a parallel computer with SIMD floating point architecture and performance analysis). Supervisor: Prof. Tullio Salmon Cinotti, 100/100 magna cum laude.
My current research interest is in animal and human shape and pose estimation from images and videos. My main contribution to the field is the exploration of realistic 2D and 3D models of body shape for estimating pose and articulated motion in unconstrained images, videos, and from 3D data. In the past I have worked on color imaging and reproduction, in particular on the readability of colored text on colored background and on multispectral print.
- 2016 - "Body talk: Crowdshaping realistic 3D avatars with words" Streuber S.; Quiros-Ramirez M.A.; Hill M.Q.; Hahn C.A.; Zuffi S.; O'Toole A.; Black M.J.
ACM transactions on graphics 10.1145/2897824.2925981 SCOPUS
- 2008 - "From color sensor space to feasible reflectance spectra" Zuffi S; Santini S; Schettini R
IEEE transactions on signal processing 10.1109/TSP.2007.907838 Other Link
- 2007 - "A Computational Strategy Exploiting Genetic Algorithms to Recover Color Surface Reflectance Functions" R. Schettini, S. Zuffi
Neural computing & applications (Print) 10.1007/s00521-006-0049-7 Other Link
- 2006 - "Accounting from Inks Interaction in the Yule Nielsen Spectral Neugebauer Model" S. Zuffi, S. Santini, R. Schettini,
The journal of imaging science and technology (Online) 10.2352/J.ImagingSci.Technol.(2006)50:1(35) Other Link
- 2005 - "Spectral-based printer modeling and characterization" Zuffi S., Schettini R., Mauri G.
Journal of electronic imaging (Online) 10.1117/1.1900137 Other Link
- 2011 - "Applications of spectral imaging and reproduction to cultural heritage" S. Bianco, A. Colombo, F. Gasparini, R. Schettini, S. Zuffi
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- 2015 - "The Stitched Puppet: A Graphical Model of 3D Human Shape and Pose" Silvia Zuffi, Michael J. Black
IEEE Conference On Computer Vision And Pattern Recognition (CVPR) June 2015 (2015) 10.1109/CVPR.2015.7298976 Other Link
- 2014 - "Preserving modes and messages via diverse particle selection" Pacheco J.; Zuffi S.; Black M.J.; Sudderth E.B.
International Conference On Machine Learning June 2014 (2014) SCOPUS Other Link
- 2013 - "Estimating Human Pose with Flowing Puppets" S. Zuffi, J. Romero, C. Schmid, M. J. Black
IEEE International Conference On Computer Vision (ICCV) December 2013 (2013) 10.1109/ICCV.2013.411
- 2013 - "Towards understanding action recognition" H. Jhuang, J. Gall, S. Zuffi, C. Schmid, and M. J. Black
IEEE International Conference On Computer Vision (ICCV) December 2013 (2013)
- 2012 - "From Pictorial Structures to Deformable Structures" Silvia Zuffi, Oren Freifeld, Michael J. Black
Computer Vision And Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 16-21 June 2012 (2012)
- 2010 - "Contour people: a paremeterized model of 2D articulated human shape" O. Freifeld, A. Weiss, S. Zuffi, M. J. Black
IEEE Conference On Computer Vision And Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 13-18 Giugno 2010 (2010) 10.1109/CVPR.2010.5540154 Other Link
- 2009 - "A study on the equivalence of controlled and uncontrolled visual experiments" Zuffi S., Brambilla C., Eschbach R., Rizzi A.
- 2008 - "Controlled and Uncontrolled Viewing Conditions in the Evaluation of Prints" S. Zuffi, C. Brambilla, R. Eschbach, A. Rizzi
Color Imaging XIII: Processing, Hardcopy And Applications, Electronic Imaging Conference (2008)
- 2008 - "Visual Experiments on the Web: Design of a Web-based Visual Experiment Management System" S. Zuffi, E. Beltrame, P.L. Scala
Image Quality And System Performance V, Electronic Imaging Conference (2008)
- 2007 - "Comparison of Techniques for Mitigating the Effects of Illumination Variations on the Appearance of Human Targets" C. Madden, M. Piccardi, S. Zuffi
3rd International Symposium On Visual Computing (ISVC07) (2007) 10.1007/978-3-540-76856-2_12 Other Link
- 2007 - "Human computer interaction:legibility and contrast" Zuffi S.; Brambilla C.; Beretta G.; Scala P.
14th International Conference On Image Analysis And Processing (ICIAP) (2007) 10.1109/ICIAP.2007.4362786
- 2007 - "Valutazione automatica di interventi di restauro del colore in opere cinematografiche" S. Zuffi, R. Cereda, A. Rizzi
3° Conferenza Nazionale Del Gruppo Del Colore (2007)
- 2007 - "Web-based vs. controlled environment psychophysics experiments" Zuffi S., Brambilla C., Beretta G., Scala P.
Image Quality And System Performance IV Conference, Section Of The IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging Symposium (2007)
- 2006 - "A color interface for audio clustering visualization" Zuffi S., Gagliardi I
Internet Imaging VII January 2006 (2006) 10.1117/12.649210 SCOPUS
- 2006 - "A Color Selection Tool for the Readability of Textual Information on Web pages" Zuffi S., G. Beretta, C. Brambilla
Internet Imaging, Proceedings Of SPIE (2006)
- 2006 - "Promoting Cultural Tourism across Mediterranean Countries through ICT technologies: The Daedalus Project" De Massis A, Della Ventura A., T. Karathanasis, G. Tosi, S. Zuffi,
Enter 2006, (2006)